Tulsa Modifying & Enforcing Divorce & Paternity Decrees Attorney

In an ideal world your divorce or paternity action would never need to be revisited following a final decree. However, sometimes a change is warranted or rights previously established need to be enforced through the courts.

Modifications are most often necessary with regards to child custody, visitation or support. Pursuant to Oklahoma law, a court may modify existing orders relating to minor children when there has been a “permanent, substantial and material change” of circumstances. This standard is purposefully broad to ensure that the best interests of minor children are always served and protected. Whether you are seeking a modification or responding to a modification sought be the other party, contact the Law Offices of Greg Lavender.

Enforcing provisions relating to your divorce or paternity decree may take many forms and the best course of action should be discussed before proceeding. The most common way rights are enforced is through the use of contempt citations. Contempt in family cases is a quasi-criminal process in which the aggrieved party can seek relief from the court to force the offending party to comply with orders previously established or face stiff penalties. In addition to requiring the party in contempt to immediately comply with court orders, punishment for indirect contempt of court includes a potential fine of up to Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) and/or imprisonment in the county jail of up to six (6) months. Whether you need an attorney to enforce your rights or you have been served with a contempt citation and require a defense, the Law Offices of Greg Lavender can provide you with the candid and effective representation you deserve.

© 2019 Law Offices of Greg Lavender, PLLC | Disclaimer
624 S. Denver Ave., Ste. 300, Tulsa, OK 74119
| Phone: 918.863.2899

Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage | Paternity | Child Support | Child Custody | Adoption | Burglary | Sex Offenses & Rape | Assault and Battery | Drug Possession / Manufacturing (Drug Charges) | Child Support | Domestic Violence | Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements | Automobile Accidents | Personal Injury | Motorcycle Accidents | Slip/Trip and Fall | Modifying & Enforcing Divorce & Paternity Decrees | DUI, DWI, or APC Related Charges | Violation of Probation | Violation of Protective Order (VPO) | Larceny | Expungements & Pardons | Guardianships | | Practice Areas | Attorney Profile | Payment

Law Firm Website Design by
Amicus Creative